Remote (Ad-hoc travel to London)
£1000 per month - excluding VAT
POCC is an organisation of transformation, driving change for global majority communities through creativity, activism and non-traditional means. Founded in 2018 by Nana Bempah and Kevin Morosky, POCC was born from the knowledge of what strength lies in the collective; the ability to make a difference in the lives of individuals, communities, and the world at large.
Initially created as a Whatsapp group to provide a safe space for creative professionals of African, Caribbean and Asian descent, today POCC is home to over a thousand creatives working across Advertising, Film, Media and the Arts – with strands in the UK, Europe and US.
In 2019, the creation of POCC STUDIOS and POCC PRODUCTIONS enabled us to produce culture-defining work with diverse perspectives at the core. POCC has since been at the forefront of award-winning work, creating alongside some of the industry’s best creative talent for brands including Disney, Nike, Netflix, Meta, the V&A, Apple, Serpentine, Prada and more.
2POCC, our CIC, was established in 2022 to support a variety of community-led initiatives, campaigns, events, scholarships, film club screenings and member activities, with a focus on positively improving the lived experiences of creative professionals from the African, Caribbean and Asian diasporas.
● Progressive creativity – taking original and non traditional approaches to creating culturally impactful creative work.
● Openly different – being open about the authenticity and difference that powers everything we do..
● Culture of growth – relationships and output that contribute to the personal and professional growth of culturally and ethnically diverse people and the PoCC organisation.
● Community respect – relationships that are respectful and output that respects the community it is created for.
LONG TERM VISION
The Vision – To drive positive change for global majority communities through creativity, activism and non-traditional means
We do this through:
● Community – Expand support of Black, Brown and global majority creatives worldwide with opportunities and safe spaces.
● Creativity – Create impactful work that shifts conversations on classist, racist, anti-feminist, anti-ableist and anti-queer structures upheld in society.
If you’re a Social and Content Media Manager looking for a vibrant, disruptive brand – let’s talk!
You’ll get under the skin of our audience by creating engaging content on Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn. Identifying opportunities to engage our audience on a creative and cultural level, and you’ll run our social media accounts to amplify opportunities and content relevant for the POCC community.
You’d be working with POCC’s Head of Growth and 2POCC Community Director to understand our organisation’s broader strategic goals and vision, before developing and executing a content strategy which speaks to both our audience and organisational needs.
You’ve lead and executed social strategies previously, you’re now looking for a role with full autonomy. You’ve had exposure to running social media and content channels. This role could be ideal if you enjoy strategising, creating and managing content across social platforms such as Instagram and TikTok.
A typical day:
● Developing content strategies
● An eye for cultural trends and creative storytelling
● Planning and scheduling content around proposed and calendar activity
● Creating/originating content either with Canva templates or reels
● Recording and posting content live
● Coordinating social schedules with 2POCC partners
● Writing social copy
● Creating low-fi video reels with a phone
● Reporting and Analysis
Part time role with estimated 50 hours per month.
Salary of £1000 per month excluding VAT.
Travel and expenses to be negotiated separately.
Are you ready to get into your creative flow? Apply now with your CV before the closing date 31st March 2023.