Members Code Of Conduct
We are a members collective and community of creative black and brown, like-minded people working in advertising, media, fashion, arts, film and photography. We exist to accelerate equality, through positively changing the experiences of people of colour within these industries – today and for future generations.
This page provides guidance as to how we move as POCC members in our Whatsapp space.
The POCC WhatsApp group is a positive professional space for people to:
- exchange opportunities
- seek collaborations
- share knowledge
- connect with like-minded people
- inform others about relevant events and news
- hold concise, intelligent debate on issues relevant to our community
- offer and ask for support and advice
- advocate for change and take action
We are respectful of each other’s views and backgrounds; there is no space in the group for hate, -isms or -phobias.
We do not share screenshots of group chats or member’s personal details (including names and phone numbers) outside of POCC.
We are a family of generosity and reciprocity so if you give to the group, please ensure you also reach out for help when needed. And if you take from the group, please ensure you contribute and help others.
The space is not for:
- sharing negative energy, negative news stories or laughing at black or brown pain and trauma
- calling/DMing or engaging with members people inappropriately
- messaging at unsociable hours (between 10pm and 7am)
- holding lengthy one to one conversations in the main group (please always take to DM when relevant)
- harassment of any kind
- pursuing contacts or relationships outside of a professional context
Members who are found to breach any of the above rules will be contacted by a member of the POCC team and may be removed from the Whatsapp group to continue keeping POCC a safe space.
We recognise that members will meet other professionals through our platform and take conversations outside of our Whatsapp groups. POCC cannot be responsible for engagement and conversations that take place outside of our owned platforms and recommend that individuals practice safeguarding when engaging with connections, contacts or opportunities outside of the POCC platforms on a 1-1 basis, such as:
- taking conversations away from Whatsapp and formalising exchange via email
- setting up calls or zooms with relevant colleagues to clarify projects and briefs
- ensuring clarity on the details of your request or opportunity, including briefs, timelines and payment if applicable
- ensuring contracts are in place before you conduct business together
For more information on POCC, please visit our homepage or if you have any questions, reach out to us on email.
This is a movement – a community of culture, created by people of colour, to help people of colour.