About the company
We are a cultural charity, a National Lottery distributor, and the UK’s lead organisation for film and the moving image.
We believe society needs stories. Film, television and the moving image bring them to life, helping us connect and understand each other better. We share the stories of yesterday, search for the stories of today, and shape the stories of tomorrow.
Our mission is:
- To support creativity and actively seek out the next generation of UK storytellers
- To grow and care for the BFI National Archive, the world’s largest film and television archive
- To offer the widest range of UK and international moving image culture through our programmes and festivals – delivered online and in venue
- To use our knowledge to educate and deepen public appreciation and understanding of film and the moving image
- To work with Government and industry to ensure the continued growth of the UK’s screen industries
We are seeking several Visitor Services Managers with a passion for customer service to join our Visitor Services management team at BFI Southbank on a full time (41 hours per week), fixed term contract basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for the day-to-day operational running of BFI Southbank.
- Providing comprehensive information and assistance to all our visitors, dealing with and resolving issues as and when they arise.
- Managing our team of Visitor Services Assistants to maintain and develop an excellent standard of customer service.
- Experience working in either a Box Office or Front of House capacity with knowledge of management processes.
- Cash handling experience, with proven accuracy.
- An ability to supervise and motivate a team of staff.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to deal with our visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, remaining calm in all situations.
Fixed Term Contract until 31 October 2022
This role is based at BFI Southbank and evening, weekend and bank holiday work and the ability to work on a rota basis will be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by midnight on Monday 18 July 2022.
First interviews will be held in the week beginning 25 July 2022.
Please note that the BFI is not a licensed sponsor for VISAs and as such if applying for this role you must already have the Right to Work in the UK.