Please let us know your salary expectations among application
The British Fashion Council (BFC) is a not-for-profit organisation existing to further the interests of the British fashion industry and its designer businesses by harnessing and sharing collective knowledge, experience and resources of the sector. Formed in 1983, the BFC is funded by industry patrons, commercial sponsors, and the government including the Mayor of London and the ERDF. It leads the industry through creative influence and is strategically repositioning British fashion in the global fashion economy.
The BFC encourages a culture which empowers, values, nurtures, supports and rewards its employees and promotes a positive environment with a focus on team collaboration and open communication.
The BFC is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer. Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. They’re more than just words. We are inclusive. We celebrate and champion multiple approaches and points of view.
We believe diversity drives innovation. So together we’re building a culture where difference is valued.
Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, disability and experience drives us forward every day internally and externally.
Everyone is welcome, as an inclusive workplace the BFC encourages our employees to bring their true self to work and we commit to develop your skills and advance your careers in a culture of creativity.
The British Fashion Council is looking for a driven, hardworking and efficient Project Manager (PM) to run the BFC Changemakers Prize. The PM will be responsible for the overall critical path and delivery of the project working with all teams to ensure the campaign is managed faultlessly and client goals are understood and exceeded.
The PM will report in to the communications department primarily but also be responsible for liaising heavily with the commercial department as this project has one major partner and funder; Swarovski. The PM will collaborate and work alongside the Brand Partnerships Manager to ensure Swarovski’s goals are met and they are kept fully informed every step of the way and activity is delivered inline with their contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing this project through its first year from launch to evaluation. The PM will develop the application criteria, strategy and judging process then manage the marketing & communications calendar throughout the campaign. The PM will also be responsible for generating, driving and growing interest in the programme throughout the whole year. You will be accountable for delivering to both BFC and partner KPIs and working with other team members to drive activity ensuring results achieve and succeed the agreed KPI numbers.
Previous project management experience is essential for this role and an understanding of marketing and communications beneficial. The ideal candidate would come with a network of contacts and ability to foster partnerships with media owners in order to promote and generate interest in this project. Contract knowledge would also be helpful as managing and delivering in line with contract terms will be a key part of the job.
• To develop and implement process, management tools and initiatives to ensure market leading project management
• To lead and communicate project needs within the communications and partnerships teams and across wider teams at the BFC
• Brief in the BFC teams on all requirements and work with them to facilitate the delivery of all elements of the project
• Manage the timeline closely ensuring the team is aware of pending deadlines and the impact of missed deadlines
• Co-ordination across multiple stakeholder and deliverables
• Escalate challenging situations to the relevant team member
• Management of prize application criteria, all inbound applications, storing of information and judging process
• Development or communications plan and ensure delivery, to include a promotional plan to generate maximum amount of applications & nominations and increase overall awareness of the project
• Work with the internal team on processes and any tech requirements
• Support Senior Communications Manager in the management of external agencies to deliver the brief
• Liaising with judging panel to arrange judging process and any in person judging events
• Management of shortlisting, finalists and winner communications
• Creation of all content & communication to support prize and nominees, finalists and winners
• Consideration of Swarovski as principal partner in each aspect and step of the campaign and project
• Own KPI delivery throughout a campaign monitoring performance, highlighting challenges and identifying opportunities to optimize
• Communicate campaign progress to the team and client through reporting and updates of custom campaigns
• Work with internal teams – events / PR / Marketing / Partnerships – to schedule activity including social / events delivery / marketing requirements etc
• Proactively look for ways to add value for BFC and client
• Management of budget and reporting against budget throughout the project
• Collaboration with events team to deliver any in person physical events throughout the project
• Provide hands-on onsite support during build, live and breakdown periods
• Set up evaluation meetings internally and create overall learnings report
• Produce analysis and insight report at end of campaign and present back to the team, use this report to feed in to partner post campaign report
• Create case study demonstrating the value of campaign and summarise the activity
• Internal –communications, partnerships and events teams + wider organisation
• Demonstrable experience in a similar project management/client relationship-based role
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Comfortable dealing with internal and external senior representatives
• A genuine interest in project management, communications and the fashion industry
• Strong communications skills
• Solutions focused
• Strong IT skills
• 1-year fixed term contract
• The contract will be for a 4 day a week working pattern.
• Please let us know your salary expectations among application
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas eve
• Summer Hours (July & August)
• Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV to [email protected] or click below button
• Application closing date: 18th February 2021
• Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK