Los Angeles or New York (USA)
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL, Kobalt’s recording company, is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system. AWAL is the partner for leading artists and labels including Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras,,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, , Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), Blue Raincoat Music / Chrysalis (Sinead O’Connor, The Specials), and many more!
As our Manager, Social Media & Creative Content, you live and breathe AWAL and Kobalt Music, crafting high quality content plans to bring our brand story to life on social media and beyond.
Based in our Los Angeles or New York office and reporting directly into our Creative Director, you’re a strong Copywriter, known for your high-quality writing as well as passionate about analytics and audience engagement. You are also a confident self-starter, hyper-knowledgeable about music and internet culture and an expert user of social media.
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA & CREATIVE CONTENT AT KOBALT AND AWAL DO?
• You manage the AWAL and Kobalt social media and websites, and are responsible for crafting and maintaining our brand tone of voice
• Oversee content calendars and work with the design team to support social campaigns, post and schedule content across multiple platforms
• Create and implement new content series, optimized for each channel
• Management of our bi-monthly internal newsletter
• Use analytics tools to create social performance reports and collate data that will inform our social strategy
• Work with our internal teams to compile and promote key artist/songwriter projects, company achievements, awards and press coverage
• Work directly with artists to produce interview, docu-style and other creative promotional assets
• Continuously think of ways to make our social content fun, playful & engaging as well as stay on top of emerging social & industry trends
You may have experience at a label, agency, management company or similar environment but more importantly, you:
• Are a strong team player with excellent people skills to build trusting, long-lasting relationships
• Have a deep level of understanding of social media analytics & strategy
• Exemplify a high level of attention to detail with strong copywriting skills and excellent verbal communication skills
• Can skillfully facilitate interviews for various artist, employee or brand initiatives
• Have knowledge of Google Docs, Keynote, Google Drive and bonus points for experience using Sprout Social
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.