Remote / London
Account Managers (AMs) make it happen. AMs are on the frontline of client servicing and they know
how to drive projects and deliverables through the agency. They bring all of their mastery of the
Account Executive role to propel them forward to take up the driver’s seat. AMs build a network
within the agency, knowing who to speak to in order to deliver. While still learning their craft, they are
developing client relationships and understanding all the facets of Account Management.
As an AM you need to be more than a safe pair of hands – that is hygiene and expected. A BBH AM is passionate about making great work, proactive, striving to learn and do more. AMs are restless, curious and have a healthy level of dissatisfaction. It is this restless curiosity that makes a BBH AM a cut above the rest.
The Role – Responsibilities and Capabilities
● Understand your client’s business, how it makes money, the financial structure of the company and the commercial priorities for them as a business.
● Demonstrate an understanding of your client’s marketplace and the competition within it.
● Understand how BBH work impacts the commercial success of your client’s business. Have an understanding of what evaluation tools and metrics are in place.
● Always look out for additional growth opportunities.
● Manage budgets and billing effectively by taking responsibility for managing finance trackers and working with your finance partner to ensure all POs and Invoicing is processed in a timely manner.
● Work with your team to manage the impact of scope creep, projects delays or creative builds on the finances of each project.
● Manage the financial administration for new business pitches
● Represent the Agency in a professional manner at all times, with clients and external partners
● Understand your individual client partner’s motivations, KPIs and targets.
● Work with all internal and external partners in a way that means you are in the driving seat, but they are on the journey with you.
● Practice front-foot account management – always anticipating what is next, answering questions before they can be asked, and using your skills to keep all members of the team updated and informed.
● Have an intricate knowledge of your projects, with a vision of each project in its entirety, always able to answer from the top of your head what is next and what we need to do to get there.
● Own and lead client facing status meetings and project updates
● Actively contribute to winning new business as part of a pitch team
● Play an active role in developing culturally relevant and effective work – you are part of creating the ZAG for every project.
● Show your passion for great creative work and use your own creative judgement to help identify brilliant ideas and protect their execution
● Articulate brand, campaign and executional ideas in a compelling fashion
● Understand the role that research plays within the creative process both in briefing and development. Actively participate in using these inputs
● Use your persuasive presentation skills to be able to develop your “sell”for the work
● Actively contribute and build on the client projects, throughout all stages of the creative development process. From Brief to Live
● Interpret, understand, discuss and work through client feedback
● Confidently understand and discuss what is right creatively for that client, the brand and their brand journey. Understand where the agency is taking the work
● Have a solid grasp of the production process and support your creative team with protecting the craft in execution
● Share your knowledge and perspectives on key industry trends and creative work
● Bring all of you to work, your passions, your hobbies, creative pursuits and side-hustles
● Always look for ways to improve, better the output and look for an innovative solutions
● Lead by example, motivating your direct reports and the team around you by your high standards, reliance and determination
● Embody the “None of us, are as good as all of us” fostering a comfortable team environment
● Help identify and constructively signpost challenges around D&I, contributing ideas on how to make BBH a better place to work for all
● Bring forward ideas and initiatives, drawing on your experience and knowledge from outside of the industry
● Contribute to agency life beyond delivering within your team
● Use every interaction as an opportunity to impress
Qualities & Skills
● A desire for great work
● Clear and concise communication style
● A collaborative working style and infectious energy
● Highly organised with excellent time management
● Passionate about great creative work and good creative judgement.
● Persuasive presentation skills
● High EQ, understanding how to read people and always thinking of others.
● Flexible and adaptable. Taking ever-changing circumstances and project demands in your stride, always the picture of calm and controlled.
● Curious, always seeking to learn from those around.
Please apply with a CV and Cover Note to [email protected]